Wild Bee Hotel Bundle
Provide vital missing nesting habitat for your local native bees with a variety of nesting hole sizes and nesting materials.
Note: The nesting materials included in our Combos will NOT fill the house entirely. The bit of open space between the nesting materials and the roof allows for easy placement and removal of the nesting materials and allows room for you to be creative. Some people choose to fill the gap with colorful artistic materials, and others choose to purchase additional nesting materials to fill the space. The choice is yours!
- Our impressive bee hotel provides vital nesting sites for wild hole-nesting bees.
- Wild bees come in a variety of sizes and need a nesting hole that is just the right size for them. We are hole-nesting bee experts and our nesting holes are the diameters that wild bees prefer. Our Natural Reeds and BeeTubes are easy to open and replace to ensure bee health.
- As big as bumblebees, the large carpenter bee prefers to chew their way through solid wood boards (Xylocopa spp). Female carpenter bees can live for a few years and they are able to clean and reuse their nesting holes. Our Wild Bee Hotel includes two untreated Solid Wood Boards to provide nesting sites for carpenter bees, who are able to buzz-pollinate tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, and cranberries.
- Many wild bees like to nest in habitats that smell like they have been used before. Our InvitaBee pheromone sprays attract bees in the mason and leafcutter bee species.
- Set up your Wild Bee Hotel near your flowers and get to know your local native bees!
Images & descriptions courtesy of Crown Bees.
- Tower Bee House: 14" H x 10" W x 9" D
- InvitaBee pheromone attractants
- 30 BeeTubes - size 4mm
- 30 BeeTubes - size 6mm
- 30 BeeTubes - size 8mm
- 30 Natural Reeds - size 6mm
- 30 Natural Reeds - size 8mm
- 2 Solid Wood Boards with starter holes
- Instruction sheet
Pick-Up, Local Delivery, or Shipping Options
Free pick-up in Bellingham just north of downtown.
$10 delivery within 12-mile radius of Downtown Bellingham.
Shipping varies by weight.
Mason Bee Maintenance
Want to have a thriving native bee population but don't want to deal with the maintenance hassle? If you are located in Whatcom or Skagit Counties, Bellingham Foodscapes will set up your mason bee house in the ideal location initially, harvest your cocoons in the fall, clean and store your cocoons in a humidity and temperature-controlled environment overwinter, and place your spring mason bees out at the ideal time in the spring and/or summer leafcutter bees in the summer! Contact Bellingham Foodscapes for pricing in your location.