Crown Bees Spring Mason BeeTubes w/Paper Inserts - 8mm
Spring Cardboard BeeTubes & Inserts for Mason Bees - 8mm. Combined thickness of both BeeTubes and Inserts stop the majority of parasitic wasp attacks.
Lifestyle photos may not accurately depict what is included with this product. Please make sure to read the specifications below.
- Inserts easily fit within the 8mm BeeTubes.
- To harvest cocoons in the fall, remove inserts and drop them into a bath of lukewarm water. Within 10 minutes the glue dissolves and the paper and cocoons are easily separated. Learn more about harvesting mason bees here.
- For DIY Bee Houses, ensure roof is a minimum of 3” longer than BeeTubes & Inserts.
- Spiral wound 3 ply cardboard outer BeeTube: Outside diamter - 10mm , inside diameter- 8mm, length 5 7/8"
- Spiral wound glacine paper insert: Outside diamter - 8mm , inside diameter- 7mm, length 6"
- 25 count
- 50 count
- 75 count
- 100 count
- 150 count
- 200 count
- 250 count
Pick-Up, Local Delivery, or Shipping Options
Free pick-up in Bellingham just north of downtown.
$10 delivery within 12-mile radius of Downtown Bellingham.
Shipping varies by weight.
Mason Bee Maintenance
Want to have a thriving native bee population but don't want to deal with the maintenance hassle? If you are located in Whatcom or Skagit Counties, Bellingham Foodscapes will set up your mason bee house in the ideal location initially, harvest your cocoons in the fall, clean and store your cocoons in a humidity and temperature-controlled environment overwinter, and place your spring mason bees out at the ideal time in the spring and/or summer leafcutter bees in the summer! Contact Bellingham Foodscapes for pricing in your location.